for Creating a Global IR Satellite Image Animation
These instructions tell you how
to set up an animation or "movie" of global infrared satellite images.
- Go to the California Regional Weather Server at http://virga.sfsu.edu.
- Under "Satellite Images", select "Archive".
- In the right-hand column, under "Archive of Global Mollweide Composite
Infrared (IR) Images", select "Animated loop".
- Use the pull-down menus to set up a five-day animated loop of these infrared
satellite images starting any time within the last month (but at least five
days ago), with images shown at intervals of 6 hours. Then click on the "Build
- Once the images in the animated loop have downloaded to your computer, you
- Speed up the loop by clicking on the "Faster" button (say,
half a dozen times).
- Stop the loop by clicking on the "Stop" button.
- Step slowly through the loop one image at a time by clicking on the
"Next" button repeatedly.
- Restart a loop by clicking on the "Restart" button.
about the Animation