(for class on Monday, May 7)
Quiz #4 will be closed book, closed note, and closed computer. It will consist of several short-answer and/or short essay questions.
For the most part, the quiz will require understanding of, and reasoning based on important concepts beyond memorization of factual details. It will be worth about 5% of your overall course grade.
This quiz will cover material based on the following class materials and assignments:
- Material covered or provided in class
topics, class discussion of lab activities, and class discussion of articles from the literature:
- Summary of discussion about Lab Activity #8
- Questions Raised by Analyses of Data in Labs #1, 2, 4, 6, 7, and 11 [class notes, PDF file]
(Note: some of these questions were addressed, at least partly, in Lab Activities #5, #7, and #8 and, at least in some sense, by the solution to Problem #3 and the solution to the Lab Problem on Seasonal Temperature Lags.)
- Lab Activities:
- Pre-class Quiz #4: Heat Capacity and Specific Heat
- Pre-class Quiz #5: Feedback, Stability, and Disturbances in Systems
- Pre-class Quiz #6: Pleistocene Glaciations
- Reading #6
- Reading #8
Review the questions posed in lab activities, lecture, pre-class quizzes, and homework problems (and even in the reading questions, though that is more straight factual knowledge than problem-solving)
and practice figuring out responses rather than trying solely to memorize the answers.
Home |*| ANNOUNCEMENTS |*| Syllabus |*| Assignments, Handouts, etc.